8.1.13

WotD #3 - Vejrudsigten

Weather. Forecast.

As in, hvordan er vejrudsigten? Or "what's the weather forecast"?



Here's a fact that I learned just yesterday while perusing Danish travel sites. With new acquaintances, Danes are - generally speaking - private people. Small talk tends to be kept to a minimum. A sure fire conversation topic that won't offend / irritate is the weather. I've been told to be careful when criticizing the weather, but that's just one man's opinion. Hopefully, I won't get into too much trouble.

Hvor er det frygteligt vejr! Det koldt og regner!



My phrase book tells me that this means "What terrible weather! It's cold and rainy!" Google translate disagrees, but I'm going with the phrase book.


I would say that the phrase har jeg brug for en paraply? would be useful, but the answer is probably always ja. At least at this point of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment