14.1.13

Day 28 -- A Cold Cold World

First off, apologies for not posting a "Day by Day" posting yesterday.  Our day was pretty boring filled with grocery shopping and lounging around the apartment, skyping with my nieces and nephew, and recording the Golden Globes to watch today as they DID air it last night at 2 am.  (It's much better to watch recorded so you can skip all the commercials and the more boring of speeches!)

Anyway, as the thermometer drops to a brisk -3 C today (26 F for you Yanks) I thought I would comment on an interesting cold weather phenomenon that happens here.  It appears that the children of Denmark do not own a typical winter jacket.  Instead, every single child I have seen, from baby up to easily 8 years old, wears a head-to-toe snow suit.  and not just when it is snowing, and not just to play in the snow, but just to be outside in the cold.   It looks something like this. (don't worry, I took this image from the internet and didn't look like a crazy person photographing random children) but I have definitely seen this same sort of thing.


Although this seems to be confined to children, this weekend I did see an adult wearing one as well. 

It has been snowing the past few days, but not enough to even make a snow ball, yet alone roll around in the snow.  I guess these kids just don't like to have cold legs.  I think my family in Maine could teach them a thing or two about toughening up in cold weather! 

Godnat, og indtil i morgen....

2 comments:

  1. A pain for changing diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there Danish tv/movie award shows?15/1/13 18:52

    Snow suits and footie-pajamas... the joys of being a kid.

    ReplyDelete