1.1.13

Adventures with Laundry

When we made the choice to move to Copenhagen, I knew that things would be different and there would be a number of things that I'd miss. I also knew that there was another class of things that I'd miss. The things that I didn't even KNOW that I'd miss. The things that I took for granted. Stupid ungrateful Collin.

 So, laundry. Here's my machine.


So, standard stacked, low capacity washer / dryer. No worries. We were spoiled by our last set, no big deal.


So yeah. From what I was able to gather, these labels look like they're in Finnish. I think that klar is "ready", aktiv is - as you might guess - "active", and færdig - given process of elimination - must be "finished" or possibly "done" or even "stop". All good.

The numbers must be time. I definitely know "centrifugering". Easy enough.

On to the materials.


JELP is the detergent. I'm mildly amused by Danish brands in a way that shouldn't be amusing at all. Mostly I'm easily amused.

One issue here is hard water. You have to add de-calcifier-stuff to reduce scaling, lime build up, etc. This is the KALK VÆK. According to the box, our island has the hardest water in Denmark.

I gather from the box that you add a tablet per load. Done.

Little known - at least I didn't know this - fact about Europe; dryers are hard to come by and when they're available they're often next to useless. Our dryer is no exception.

Many settings. All bad. At one point, I felt that the dryer was making things more wet. There's a place to add water. What does a dryer need with water?

More discovery to come.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/1/13 16:41

    Can't imagine having to do laundry this way!! When we were in Italy, the dryers were just as worthless, if a dryer was even available.

    ReplyDelete