8.1.13

Day 22 - UK TV

I need to learn to speak Danish so I can watch some Danish television. In the meantime, the channel is stuck on BBC Entertainment, which - as far as I can tell - features the following shows.

- Extreme Makeover : Home Edition - yes, the American version with the always energetic Ty Pennington
- Top Gear and its varoius spin-offs
- Eastenders - british soap featuring, you guessed it, people from the east end of London
- Would I lie to you - some sort of game show about, well, something, featuring various TV personalities
- Alan Carr : Chatty Man - this feels like Graham Norton but less so
- My Family - Sitcom with Harry Potter's Quidditch teacher and the dude who went to America in Love Actually
- Peep Show - A sitcom where the camera POV is that of the character to which the character on camera is speaking. Confused? Don't worry, I was confused writing it.
- Come Dine With Me - reality / game show about cooking and being generally obnoxious
- QI : Quite Interesting - "game show" hosted by the always excellent Stephen Fry and always featuring Stephen's version of the every man he can prod and poke fun at, Alan Davies.

I'm going to talk about Come Dine With Me later, as I think it would make for an even better Iron Chef competition. Kevin should wait for that post. There was also a different Gordon Ramsay reality show that featured, ugh, Graham Elliott. It's as if the world is conspiring against me.

Today, it's about QI. Actually, it's not really about QI. It's about this awesomeness that I learned from QI.

It's the red-capped manakin.

It looks like this.


And it dances like this.


Thanks Stephen Fry, Alan Davies, et al!

2 comments:

  1. Is BBC the Telemundo of Denmark?8/1/13 21:31

    Peep Show is actually pretty funny. I recommend giving it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly there is no Sabado Gigante!

    Will do on Peep Show.

    ReplyDelete