1.1.13

Day 15 - god morgen, er, god eftermiddag!

It's a new day and the fireworks have slowed in frequency and intensity. At this point I'll hear a random explosion every hour or so, just enough to keep me on my toes.

It's another lazy, late rise today. At some point we need to acclimate ourselves to Dansk time, but today is not that day.

Today is a day to sit, enjoy my instant kaffe - thanks Michael and Emily, and do next to nothing. As I mentioned before, virtually everything is closed. I think that I'll attempt to do some laundry and then perhaps a little sight seeing in central Copenhagen.

We'll likely walk to Nyhavn. Click the play button below for a pronunciation.



I think that this illustrates the difficulty of Danish. Just for fun, here's how you pronounce "Happy New Year" which is "Godt Nytår"



I need to figure out how to embed these audio files directly to links. It will likely be far more useful for quick translations / pronunciations in the future. I'm almost certain that these won't work. If they don't, here's my apology in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment