23.1.13

Day 37 - Self Checkout and Pageantry

Today I hit the grocery store early and was terrified to find that the only checkout aisles available were of the self check variety.

I wandered around for a bit, pretending to shop. Eyeing the register area. Back. And forth. How many times have I looked at this pack of Haribo? Had I missed something?

I had not. So to self check I went.

I'm not quite sure why I was fearful of self check - there was an English option! It worked pretty much the same way that it does in America. The shopper scans his / her stuff, keys in bulk produce, hits finish, and pays. The self check area even has its own dedicated "helper boy" to show stupid people - me - how to insert their Dankorts. Thanks helper boy!

On the way home I experienced this sort of pageantry


Upon inspection, the cart didn't seem to be carrying anything other than the red-coated fancy-men. I'm not sure if this is a regular Copenhagen thing or was for some sort of event / fair / state function.

No comments:

Post a Comment