24.2.14

Day 424 - 5 Random Things About Our Trip to London

At some point this week, I'll go into full-recap-mode...but for now, here's a few thoughts.

Sometimes, English is Hard to Understand

I've gotten so used to Danes speaking English that it - at times - was almost impossible to understand the various the English accents bombarding me in London. It was - at times - like this. I am ashamed.

David Mitchell's 3 Point Pen Policy



Ceviche

So, yeah, there's a Peruvian place in Soho called Ceviche. It is awesome. You should go there. Personal favorite? Note; I did not take this picture, I stole borrowed it from Paul Winch-Furness. Please visit this review featuring this picture, among other great ones.


It is Sakura Maru. It is salmon marinated in satsuma / mirin / chili / other stuff. It is delicious. You should order it.

Please and Thank You and I'm Sorry \ Thank You for Your Hospitality

I know that it has been a year in Copenhagen, but this was refreshing. Others routinely held doors for me and thanked me when I did so for them! Others noticed my need to pass / walk by and *gasp* moved out of the way without me asking! Someone accidentally bumped into me in the Underground and profusely apologized! Twice! Everyone stands to the right on Underground escalators!

Thanks Londoners!

Musicals, Musicals, Musicals

Much like NYC, there are always a ton of musicals going on in The Capital. There are the ones that  you would probably expect - Phantom of the Opera, Lion King, Mamma Mia, Book of Mormon, etc. There is a Michael Jackson musical, a Queen musical, and a The Bodyguard musical. There is also this musical.


No comments:

Post a Comment