11.2.14

Day 411 (OT) - Danish Cochinita

Obviously, OBVIOUSLY, Emily and I love Mexican food. We love cooking it. We love eating it. We love thinking about it.WE LOVE MEXICAN FOOD.

I was on a mission to make a cochinita pibil - a sort of Mexican pulled pork. That's selling it short. I'll let Robert Rodriguez tell you all about it.


I didn't go with Robert's particular recipe - I didn't make my own paste and I am weak - but the thought is there. I went with a variation / combination of my stern-but-groovy-master Rick Bayless' version / and a Chowhound variation. Thank you Rick for an epic habanero salsa.

An aside, I can't be happy enough about the end of this video. Cooking is fun. Master cooking some stuff and cook it. Control it. Learn what you like. Cook that. Thanks RR for putting it more succinctly.

This brings me to praise two awesome CPH stores for their assistance and stock. First the Chili House. I really wish I would have caught the owner's name. It's a great place. Tons of hot sauce. Many spices. Tons of seeds for growing. Good stuff. On this trip I was looking for Annatto / Achiote, those little delicious-ridiculously-difficult-to-grind seeds. Chili house didn't have the seeds but they did have some paste and I was happy to grab that. It's a great place and I can't recommend it more.

Two, on the the suggestion of the owner / dude that helped me, I went searching for banana leaves at a Thai Supermarket in Vesterbro. This Thai Supermarket. Good stuff. Great staff. Clean and awesome. I can't say enough. Plus they had banana leaves!

Verdict? Delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment