18.2.14

Day 418 - Pandora / Honda / Honest Abe

Fact. I am a huge fan of Pandora Radio. You build stations based on likes / dislikes. Awesome. It isn't perfect - I get waaaayyyyy too much Common on my favorite station, but it's a small price to pay for a free service providing awesome music.

As I do not pay for my Pandora and I am forced to listen to adverts for the privilege of doing so, and it is the month of Presidents, and it is the month of selling cars I have been subjected to tons of car ads. Specifically from Honda North of Danvers. Most follow the format of "Famous President X did Y and that's awesome. Guess what?! Honda North is also Awesome! Buy a Honda".

At some point - as would be with every President's Day / Month celebration - we get to Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln's greatest Honda-selling-achievement? The transcontinental railroad. The transcontinental railroad!

Preserving the union? Eh. Ending slavery? Eh. Thanks Honda North of Danvers!

No comments:

Post a Comment