18.3.13

Day 91 - Early Morning Commute / Quiet Car

As you would likely guess, my commute takes the same path as Emily's. I take the Metro from Frederiksberg to Vanløse where I switch to a train, taking the H to Måløv and finally grabbing a local bus to Novo.

All told, if I leave the house at 5:40 I can clock in at just after 6:20. This is important because I do actually have to clock in. As a new employee I have no paid vacation this year but I can take advantage of "flex time". Any minutes I work over eight in a day roll into a bank that I can then use later for days off. It works.

The train has multiple car options - regular seating, bikes and baby carriages, and my personal favorite, the quiet car. No phones allowed. Collin's dream car.

I head to Chicago on Wednesday. We still have much work to do with the Chuckster, but I'm excited to see him. I envision myself as in one of those soldier-comes-back-from-Afghanistan videos. Yes, I just compared Denmark to Afghanistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment