17.3.13

A true Copenhagener

While Collin catches his breath after a week of working, Danish classes, planning a trip home, and unpacking I thought I would write a quick blog.   I am now the proud owner of a "new" bike.


I purchased this from a friend of mine.  My inaugural trip was the ride home from her place.  Fortunately she just lives down the same road from me so I just had to go straight really.  I tried to not have to stop at any red lights but sadly I did have to stop at a few.  Luckily the curb makes it a little easier for me to rest while still on the bike...it's a bit tall for me.  But I will get used to it!  Now we just need to find one for Collin and we will really begin exploring this city/country.

The bike does have a bell, but I do miss my mickey mouse bell of my youth.

I am also excited to put stuff in the basket.   Perhaps a baguette.  (thanks to rachaelbat for the following Conan picture)

Hopefully I will learn the rules of the road and not anger too many experienced Danish bikers.  Wish me luck!





1 comment:

  1. Sweet bell and basket!
    Are you going to put baseball cards in the spokes?

    ReplyDelete