23.6.14

Day 541 - "Danish Summer"

This morning I went to take Charlie for a walk and it was - in my own words - freezing. Windy, no sun, cold. The Danes in my office made fun of me when I said it was freezing. Freezing? This is Danish summer. Whatever this is, it is not summer. It is an affront to all that summer stands for.

Checking the calendar, we are now officially full in on summer. I totally forgot about the solstice. It appears that today is the day that we set the witches on fire.
This burning sends the "witch" away to Bloksbjerg, the Brockenmountain in the Harz region of Germany where the great witch gathering was thought to be held on this day. Some Danes regard the relatively new symbolic witch burning as inappropriate.
Here's hoping that the witches we send back to Germany affect Die Mannshaft on Thursday. Thanks to the Germany's tie with Ghana and the United States' last minute failure against Portugal, we need a tie to guarantee a trip out of the "Group of Death". Let's enjoy this awful again.


That's pretty much the worst thing that can happen in a match. Literally at the last second. It's the latest goal scored in group play in the World Cup. Ever.

So now our fate may once again rest with Ghana - the team that has knocked us out of each of the last two tournaments. If this happens, Ghana truly reaches bogeyman status. 

I'm happy that due to scheduling, I'll actually get to watch USA / Germany. USA. USA. USA.

We were at The Pig when this happened. 



I'll be watching in my flat on Thursday. Here's hoping for more of the of the same magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment