7.6.14

Day 525 - One Seed to Stain Them All

On my return trip to the good ol' US of A, I made "buying cheap American goods" a top priority. See also, "buying stuff that I can't get in Denmark". See also, "buying Mexican stuff". Por ejemplo, achiote paste.


So yeah, that's a whole bunch of achiote paste. The Chili House sold me one of these bad boys for something like 40 kroner, about $8. In America? Yup, $10 for 12 packs. Thanks America! Is there any conceivable way that I will use this much achiote paste before I return to America? Almost certainly not. I enjoy hoarding this much paste in preparation for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

I do not enjoy achiote paste's unmatched ability to stain everything. Absolutely everything. Turmeric has nothing on achiote paste. Beets have nothing on achiote paste. You just have to go in with the realization that you're going to be stuck with Cheeto fingers for the next few days. Live and learn.


When this is done, it will be worth it.


In my infinite wisdom, I forgot to also purchase masa. Nooooooooooo.

Now that the Chili Shop is closed, there is no place in København to buy masa. There's a small possibility that I can pop over the Øresund to Malmö and buy some at The American Store. So to repeat that, I may need to travel to Sweden to buy Mexican food at an American store.

No comments:

Post a Comment