14.5.13

Day 146 - Working for a living Pt II, Permanent Occupation

Today I was called into the big boss's office.

The big boss is now on crutches. This was the result of a horrendous cycling accident. The accident resulted in a broken femur! Hard. Core. My somewhat littler boss is now - as of last week - operating without an appendix. Strange things are afoot in Måløv.

At any rate, the big boss - TBB from this point forward - lurched into the room that contains the plate tracking robot - a robot that can move cell supernatant from one harvest plate to another protein-coated plate, scan the barcodes of each plate, and then compile those barcodes in a file so that I can then connect the elisa plate to the harvest plate - and then, eventually, the culture plate. Believe you me, people-smart-enough-to-not-work-as-a-lab-technician, it's a good thing. Doing this by hand for fifty - or more - plates would be, well, inconceivable!

Anyway, despite it being about time to go - my bus was to hit Novo Nordisk Park West in about 5 minutes - I was a good soldier and dropped everything to sit down and chat with TBB.

What could it be? Had the Dansk Folkeparti called for the deportation of all USAmerican swine? Had the contents of this blog offended coworkers irrevocably? Did they not like my terrible American chocolates?

No, loyal readers, none of these things were true. I was offered a permanent position in antibody technology, one which I happily accepted. Tilykke to me!

Now I will need to make a "cake" for the lab. Suggestions are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent news!!!!
    Will all your job tasks be the same or does this open into a new position?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing new in terms of type / style / actual_job, just an extension of what is. And will continue to be.

    Obviously I'll learn a ton of new shit. Obviously I'll tread into areas that I didn't foresee. But this job, as it is, is the same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.

    Thanks David Byrne!

    ReplyDelete