25.2.13

Day 70 -- WotD # 17 Tillykke

Happy birthday to the best husband in the world.  Wanna leave your job, your friends and family, sell half our possessions, and move to a foreign country with one of the most expensive cities in the world, high taxes, and an incredibly difficult language to learn?   sure, why not.

you're the best.


today's word is Tillykke.  pronounced Ta-LUG-a.



 it's one of the few words I can say.  it means congratulations and is a common word to say on someone's birthday


Yesterday I made Collin eggs benedict with smoked salmon and avocado for breakfast (his request).  For dinner we tried a burger place down the block called Halifax. It was pretty good.   Last night our next door neighbors came over for some cake and dessert wine.  As I don't have any of my baking pans yet I couldn't bake him a cake so I bought one, but I did make a delicious raspberry sauce and salted caramel chocolate sauce to accompany it.


Today Collin is celebrating his actual birthday with 5 hours and 15 min of Danish classes and a 2 hour seminar on job searching.   Lucky him!  Tonight he opens his gifts but I did wrap up some cards from our nieces and nephews which he opened yesterday.




Jeg elsker dig, Collin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment