15.2.13

Day 60 - Odds and Ends around Frederiksberg

Today I went out to return the keys for our new flat. Our lease doesn't start until the 1st of March, but the agency allowed us to borrow the keys so that we could measure windows for curtains and what not. As this is a land of eternal summer sunshine and we'll living in a second floor apartment on a busy street, curtains are not optional. I see an IKEA trip in my future. I can't wait.

Our shipping container full of stuff from America will arrive on the 8th of March. I can't wait to have my own stuff again. Particularly in the kitchen. Now to book my return trip to Chicago to get Charlie. I'm thinking the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament, maybe the 21st or 22nd. It's too bad there isn't a Chicago site this year. The first weekend is - maybe next to the Super Bowl - my favorite sporting "event" of the year. I hope to stay for 7-10 days, we'll see.

Note to visitors - if you buy a klippekort...


...do not store it in your wallet. Once it has been folded, it will no longer work. When you want to use public transportation you put the end nearest my thumb into the slot in the yellow box that looks like this.


The box klips your kort. Each time you klip, the box removes one of the numbers on the left side of your klippekort and stamps the time and date on the right.

Once you've been stupid enough to put the klippekort in your wallet, the machine can no longer klip it. There's just not enough force to put the card into the box - it just bends ineffectually. The user - me in this case - ends up looking like an idiot, failing again and again to klip the stupid kort. Klippekort!!!!

The options are to trade in the old card for a new card and pay for the klips used or go to the store where the card is purchased and a cashier will manually klip the kort each time I need to use it. This becomes a problem at smaller stops without stations. Decisions, decisions.

Actually, there is another option. The rejsekort.

The rejsekort seems very futuristic. When you use it to travel, you tap the card onto this weird glowing blue dome upon boarding the train and then again upon disembarking. The rejsekort calculates the cost, there's no need to figure out the number of zones traveled. It seems much easier than the klippekort. Perhaps I'll go that route.



Earlier I mentioned the weird stuffed animals displayed in jewelry store windows. Today I took some pictures.



I don't know what they mean. I like the polar bears the most.

This just made me chortle, because I am terribly immature.


As best I can tell, it best translates as closeout / end of sale

Edit: I forgot to add this awesome picture that Emily took the other day.


Yes. Those are dolls and teddy bears hung from ropes by their respective necks. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment