23.12.12

Day 4 - Back to C-U

The Union from Follinger
Emily hadn't been to Champaign-Urbana (or Urbana-Champaign if you're like *that*) in a while and I'm always up for a trip so we made the way down I-57 to say hello to our former - my favorite - home.

Made a stop in Park Forest to visit Emily's grandma. Good times.

Lunch at - obviously - Dos Reales with Emily's uncle Tim. My favorite host still works there! He moved far too quickly to snap a picture. Dos Reales? Check. Fajita Quesadilla? Check.

I have something like five people that I can talk Illini sports with and Tim is one of them. Good times.



Lincoln Hall
Next a trip to the quad. I hadn't seen Lincoln Hall since the renovations. So shiny and clean! I almost miss the decrepit-ness. Abe's nose seems far less shiny. Perhaps Tim Beckman forgot to rub it this year. *sad trombone*
The Union computer lab looks more like an Apple store now - it's crazy. That computer lab was always pretty pathetic. Not as bad as the one in the ME building, ack, I wish I could remember the name. Worst computer lab ever.

We met up with our old boss Jim Morrissey. He's over in RAL now, awesome space. I was happy to see that some of my "helpful suggestion" signs still exist! In my own handwriting! I'm some sort of long distance lab nazi. As as an aside, I was trying to decide whether or not "nazi" should be capitalized. I think I made the right choice.

Follinger from the Union
It was great seeing Jim, Genie, and Stephanie - I miss the lab. It was a great place to work.

The visit was done. It was fun taking I-47 home - I love all of the small towns. Strawn. Sibley. I always wonder about life in a town of one hundred.
Fun trip. I miss C-U. Most people think I'm crazy, but I could definitely live there indefinitely. At any rate, onward and, well, eastward?

No comments:

Post a Comment