31.12.12

Day 13 - Arrival

We're here.




















Flight was on time, eight hours. Super cramped. My neck pillow did not aid in sleep as much as I had hoped. The seat in front of me had some sort of electronic box below it that took up half of my "stow under the seat" space. Poor.

I woke up from my "sleep" at about the six hour mark. Karl would be happy to know that SAS considers Manchester the most important city in the UK.
















At any rate, no snags. Got all of our luggage, grabbed our apartment keys at Avis, and hopped a cab to our temporary home in Frederiksberg. Here is Emily outside 12 Martensens Alle.













Oh snap. I'VE GOT THE POWER.


After unpacking a bit, it was time to explore / search for food. There are a number of very nice pasty shops in our neighborhood, but we needed something a bit heartier. Voila!

That is apparently called a Fransk Hotdog. French people must like to build some sort of hotdog / baguette shell, fill it with mayo, and then jam a footlong hotdog into it. Delicious.

Emily decided, and rightly so, that Fransk hotdogs probably don't pass for dinner. We hit the Netto at the top of our block and grabbed some ground beef, tomato sauce, pasta, some wine, and some other stuff. I couldn't find any dry pasta - I don't know what's up with that. This wine was not good, but that's what you get when you spend 45DKK for wine.

Overall, it was a fun day. No plans yet for NYE, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment