8.4.13

Tight, København - Indre By

On Saturday, as recommended by my Spousecare conselour Sys, we treated ourselves to a very nice dinner at Tight. I'm not sure if this is really Indre By, or old town, but it's pretty much on the edge of the strøget.


We went with the prixe fixe - a five course tasting and wine pairing. To start, a French rosé and house made foie gras - I know, I know, I'm a bad person.


Very tasty. There was some sort of port reduction and a pear jelly / jam. Tight!

Next, mussels in a creamy broth paired with a nice balanced riesling - also from France. I guess it's probably not called a riesling at that point, being French and what not. In case it wasn't perfectly clear, I am not a wine expert.


Next, pehaps my favorite bit of the night, a homemade pappardelle with parmasan encrusted oyster mushrooms, spinach, fennel, truffle oil, a little bit of cream sauce, and topped with creme fraiche. Delicious.


We finished with the main, a surf and turf of steak with shrimp, a potato gratin, and a cabbage slaw of some sort. I don't remember the wine it was paired with - something red. :)


The American student next to us ordered his steak well done. I wanted to slap him. Someday, when Collin owns a restaurant, well done will not be an option. I'm sorry sir, if this is the way you want to eat your food you can eat it somewhere else. You will not ruin the things that I serve. Please leave the restaurant.

This is one of the many reasons why Collin will never own a restaurant.

To get all tangental, the "well done is not an option" reminds me of a time at Murphy's in C-U. Mind you, this was the old excellent dingy Murphy's, not the super-sized piss poor Murphy's "are we at Legends?" Murphy's. Yes, I am a cranky old nostalgic man. Sue me.

Someone had selected Bob Dylan's "Hurricane" from the jukebox. This was probably the 3rd to 4th time it had come up that night. Approximately 15 seconds into it, the song stopped, a bartender came on the PA and frankly said "There are nine songs on Bob Dylan's 'Desire'. Hurricane is no longer an option". Unknown Murphy's bartender, you are forever my personal hero.

For desert, it was a profiterole. I don't know if I would call this a profiterole. Too much ice cream. It was still nice. The chocolate was delicious. The final wine pairing was some sort of aged desert-y shiraz.


All told, I'd definitely go back. Great cozy atmosphere, really nice wait staff, and really pretty reasonable for this part of town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment