25.11.13

Day 334 -- Part II What else did we do this fall?

Barcelona was the last of our trips this year.  The last two months we have just been hanging out in Copenhagen and settling down here.

Collin's work has been crazy busy.  He was offered the opportunity to join a new team within his department at Novo starting in January.  I'm sure he will blog about this himself one of these days, but in the meantime he has been busy finishing up the work he is doing with his current team, and getting ready for the switch.  I think they must be very happy with his work so far to ask him to join this team, and I'm very proud of him.

Work has been going well for me also.   I have been given increased responsibilities on one of my projects, and have had the opportunity to submit a number of abstracts to various conferences next year.  In February I will attend a conference in Brussels, Belgium and in May Collin and I will head to Melbourne, Australia for the World Federation of Hemophilia.  We're really looking forward to that trip.

In the Danish (or maybe just Novo) tradition of holding meetings at unique venues, I had a day long department meeting at the Copenhagen Zoo a few weeks ago.  The morning presentations were interrupted by the sounds of many animals waking up and being fed.  Our view out the windows were of camels, lions and polar bears.  At lunch we got to walk around the zoo and see the animals being fed.   Because the zoo is just down the block from my house I invited the group over for a small halloween-inspired party afterwards.  My coworkers brought me a jack-o-lantern.  Pretty impressive for their first attempt at one!







No comments:

Post a Comment